power co

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdh

A friend of mine was working on his mobile home,had a couple sheets of siding off the side had a couple wires exposed,A service truck from power company came by and the driver saw the exposed wire stopped and pulled the meter.The owner had the disconect off and a lock on disconect and was gone when this happened,when he returned and called the power co,they told him that the service truck driver felt that it was un-safe and that he would have to get it inspected by the state inspector before they would put meter back,they forced him to have it inspected,btw he had power at this service for years,the inspector turned it down,they want him to bring up to code.

what do you think?

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
A friend of mine was working on his mobile home,had a couple sheets of siding off the side had a couple wires exposed,A service truck from power company came by and the driver saw the exposed wire stopped and pulled the meter.The owner had the disconect off and a lock on disconect and was gone when this happened,when he returned and called the power co,they told him that the service truck driver felt that it was un-safe and that he would have to get it inspected by the state inspector before they would put meter back,they forced him to have it inspected,btw he had power at this service for years,the inspector turned it down,they want him to bring up to code.

what do you think?

Speaking as a POCO employee, what justification did the service man have for pulling the meter. Just because the wires were showing? What if that employee rode by and looked in someones garage that doesn't have inside walls. Those wires are exposed, are they going to pull that meter also? I will guarantee that someone can ride through that POCO's service territory and see multiple cases of unsafe conditions, but those meters are left on. How many service cables are improperly secured over a service area of any POCO in America? Should those meters be pulled?
I think the service guy overstepped his bounds. I would have to ask an upper level manager what right they had to pull that meter if every other meter with an unsafe condition hasn't been pulled. Have pictures and circumstances ready for your explanation.

mdh

Speaking as a POCO employee, what justification did the service man have for pulling the meter. Just because the wires were showing? What if that employee rode by and looked in someones garage that doesn't have inside walls. Those wires are exposed, are they going to pull that meter also? I will guarantee that someone can ride through that POCO's service territory and see multiple cases of unsafe conditions, but those meters are left on. How many service cables are improperly secured over a service area of any POCO in America? Should those meters be pulled?
I think the service guy overstepped his bounds. I would have to ask an upper level manager what right they had to pull that meter if every other meter with an unsafe condition hasn't been pulled. Have pictures and circumstances ready for your explanation.

agreed,the power co manager sided with service guy and got the state inspector to go and inspect,the main disconect was off and had a lock on it.the inspector went inside checked pnl,just wandering what gave them right to do this?
the manager is checking with their attorneys to see if they screwed up,BTW he pointed out same things as you stated

robbietan

what do you think?

coming from the poco side - no need to pull out the meter. unless there is imminent danger, no one can get the meter. specially if the homeowner is not present. some poco guys got in trouble here for mistaking that the househelps are authorized to sign the papers for meter disconnection. the real owners got some lawyers and the poco got some very bad publicity

Status
Not open for further replies.