Raceway Fill 24" Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

euclid43

For simplicity sake....I can eccentially put a pull box every 24 inches on a 50 foot raceway and never have to derate for having more than 3 conductors, right?

kwired

Electron manager
I'd say you need to separate and maintain some spacing somehow in each box and not tie them together in close proximity like they already are in a raceway, but otherwise yes it is code compliant.

delectric123

If the conducters are pretty thick , why don't you use a wireway with a removable lid, and mount the conductors with clamps that will maintain spacing.the outside appearance would be much better than all those junction boxes

kwired

Electron manager
...didn't realize that is how gov't work is done in NE Nebraska

Well, maybe it is. A few years ago I was going to bid on some work in federally funded housing project, they wanted to use some federal grant money for the project. Come to find out the grant wanted verification of where certain products were manufactured, no problem, I knew the major item in the project was manufactured within a few hundred miles away. They then wanted me to verify where the steel for making this product comes from. Time to back out of the bidding of this project. I did not know where they get their steel from and did not care. I had won the bid once, then they threw out all the bids and wanted us all to start over because this verification was not done on the original bids. I just was not in the mood to play those kind of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.