Identify the phase of MC inside a light fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Only if those methods are listed on the document that is required by 210.5(C)(3).

That can be done also. What would be wrong with a note on 'the document' that says marking of fixture whips is done with a specific manner, even if it is different than marking method in panelboards, and elsewhere?

I bet you can even order whips with other colors if you wanted.

darekelec

I am starting a job in a big building that has 2 system voltages - 277/480 and 120/208. but in space which we are doing new construction EVERYTHING will be 120/208. so far I noticed only 1 junction box in basement that is 277/480 V for exit sign
do I still have to comply with 210.5(C)(1)
(1) Application. Where the premises wiring system has
branch circuits supplied from more than one nominal voltage
system, each ungrounded conductor of a branch circuit
shall be identified by phase or line and system at all termination,
connection, and splice points.
:slaphead:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
... do I still have to comply with 210.5(C)(1)
Yes... but doing so can be simple or complex. Bk, R, Bl is fairly simple. But no 480/277 can use these same colors.

But then separately derived systems can make the matter just a little more complex...

kwired

Electron manager
I am starting a job in a big building that has 2 system voltages - 277/480 and 120/208. but in space which we are doing new construction EVERYTHING will be 120/208. so far I noticed only 1 junction box in basement that is 277/480 V for exit sign
do I still have to comply with 210.5(C)(1)
(1) Application. Where the premises wiring system has
branch circuits supplied from more than one nominal voltage
system, each ungrounded conductor of a branch circuit
shall be identified by phase or line and system at all termination,
connection, and splice points.
:slaphead:

Does the remainder of existing building already have a marking system? If so it would be best to continue with whatever has been established. Someday your new construction will seen as just a part of the building and not "the new addition" or " the rennovation".

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Maybe they are good actors and knew it was there, hoping to get that out of the way so maybe you won't find any others. If you keep the inspector occupied with enough simple things maybe he will miss something big or at least more complex.:)

Like I said he knows me and knows that I always say that it's easier to sign the job card than write a correction notice.:happyyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.