Portable Chandelier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
I have a small church that has 8 small chain mounted chandeliers in the sanctuary. They are installing a projector that will only be used once a month. They would like to remove one of the chandeliers to clear the projection.

Does anybody know of a product that would do this or have any ideas? It would almost need to be a pair of cord caps that work with lamp cord and that small bare ground wire. BTW, the chain is only about 18" long, so a lift isn't an option.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

kwired

Electron manager
My guess is it is still worth permanent relocating the luminaire or the projector instead of moving the chandelier every time the projector is used.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
You said they are installing the projector. Can they reorient the projector at all since it is not in yet?

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
This is a small church. Think Small rambler house sized. I'd be ok to put a receptacle adjacent to the canopy and a plug on the lamp cord, but what about grounding?Thanks,Mark

John120/240

This is a small church. Think Small rambler house sized. I'd be ok to put a receptacle adjacent to the canopy and a plug on the lamp cord, but what about grounding?Thanks,Mark

For grounding use a three wire SO cord (blk, wht, gr) with a three wire male cord cap. At the fixture the green ground goes straight
to the metal part of the fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.