"gluing" wall plates to wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirebender

My question is why is the receptacle necessary in the first place. They go through a lot of troble to eliminate anything that may be used to harm other inmates or for an inmate to harm themselves, yet they are willing to place a receptacle within an area where inmates can access it? Hopefully it is at least GFCI protected if deemed necessary.

Radio, hot pot, TV in some states, stingers for heating water in a cup and various other appliances.

jeremysterling

I was just listing legal items. lol

Yes, you answered kwired's question appropriately. There are legitimate needs for electrical power for offenders. Haircutting trimmers are another legal item.

However, for the convict and the OP, chiseling off rivets or tamper-proof screws or gorilla glue to get at AC power is a surmountable obstacle in the quest for fresh ink.

growler

In addition, he would like me to specify a security type (pick proof) sealant around the back and edges of the wall plate. This will in effect glue the wall plate to the concrete wall. The only way to remove it afterwards would be with a chisel and a hammer or a disolving agent if one is available.

Can someone tell me if this box is still accessible?

The idea sounds pretty good to me. The cost to replace a plastic cover plate would be small and the effort to break the old one would be minimal. Wouldn't be the first thing I have ever had to break to gain access.

Now is the box accessable? That's up to the "authority having jurisdiction" and in this case it's probably the state or federal government ( their inpector ). A reason can be shown for doing it this way and I don't see any hazards created.

Best of all if someone doesn't like it you can get paid to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.