1000 VDC PV Inverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee

I realized my post was duplicating previous info unnecessarily. . (cannot delete post).

Last edited:

SolarPro

It was earlier stated that whereas 1000V DC is allowed, it has difficulties due to lack of available listed components. Does anybody have a good listing or lead on 1000V UL rated components. I'm specifically looking for a DC Breaker/Contactor (1000VDC and 2500A).

Eaton is as likely as anyone to have what you are looking for. Maybe check out the "Catalogs" options from this page:

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/Products...kets/AlternativeEnergy/Solar/index.htm#tabs-4

Q-5 Hunter

1000VDC systems

1000VDC systems

There are a lot of compelling reasons to go 1000VDC, a ~40% savings in materials making the top of my list. They have been doing it in Germany for years and the US is just now catching up to the advantages of higher DC.

US installation giants cut their teeth on 1000V behind the fence applications and realized the benefits right away. It is just a matter of time before it is mainstream as more inverter, module and BOS components become more readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.