Plug in feed through lugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymari

Have a 200 amp meter main (no load center) feeding sub panel in basement. 1 phase down on obsolete main breaker. My question is this, only thing available right away is standard all in one 200 amp. They do have the plug in style feed through lugs to allow me to pass the full 200 amps. Not my usual way of doing things, but is there any issue with this type of install. Lugs plug in just like a 2 pole breaker would. Thanks for any input. Here's what is there now image.jpg image.jpg

Volta

I see no problem with it.

In the future, if additional load is taken from the all-in-one bus outside then the feeder-entrance would no longer qualify for 310.15(B)(7), but that may not matter, now or then.

bobbymari

I see no problem with it.

In the future, if additional load is taken from the all-in-one bus outside then the feeder-entrance would no longer qualify for 310.15(B)(7), but that may not matter, now or then.

Right looking for smallest buss possible to try and dissuade adding breakers

kwired

Electron manager
You could always use separate meter and breaker enclosures. Any reason you don't want to possibly have additional breakers added?

bobbymari

You could always use separate meter and breaker enclosures. Any reason you don't want to possibly have additional breakers added?

it is currently a 2/0 feed as it is feeding entire load additional breakers would mean upsizing feeders to sub. Cost is an issue. All in one will be quickest and easiest. Actually found a similar setup to existing so we are going with that. No longer a problem but thanks to all

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
it is currently a 2/0 feed as it is feeding entire load additional breakers would mean upsizing feeders to sub. Cost is an issue. All in one will be quickest and easiest. Actually found a similar setup to existing so we are going with that. No longer a problem but thanks to all
Understand the reason to not want any breakers. If meter main is not available and time is a factor then I would have just used a separate meter and breaker enclosure, true the meter main looks a little better and is worth waiting for one if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.