Nice Looking Pushbutton Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpk

I have a job where I need to provide control for a set of indicator lights. Electrically it is very simple, 9 lights / 9 switches -all just on/off. The control will be in an office reception area, cubicle type with modular furniture. I was looking for something more appealing than a hoffman box with pushbuttons. Ideally it would be something smaller that I could just mount to the desktop. Any suggestions, thanks in advance

kwired

Electron manager
If you want something fairly simple yet inexpensive go with a flush 2 or 3 gang box, a blank stainless steel wall plate and drill your own holes in the plate for some miniature toggle switches.

Or even use some of these switches:

I have a job where I need to provide control for a set of indicator lights. Electrically it is very simple, 9 lights / 9 switches -all just on/off. The control will be in an office reception area, cubicle type with modular furniture. I was looking for something more appealing than a hoffman box with pushbuttons. Ideally it would be something smaller that I could just mount to the desktop. Any suggestions, thanks in advance

Newark catalog may offer what you need, of course the housing may require a craftsman - like a cabinetmaker's - attention. Some of these devices are designed for low power, so you may need to put and micro-PLC or relays as an interface.

Then there is the mosaic panel type where you can build an entire graphics panel which has active elements in the grid, but that is usually for larger displays. http://www.mauell.com/?module=products&index[products][action]=overview&index[products][category]=162

Or if you want to get fancy, a small touch sensitive display panel will do the job.

If you want something fairly simple yet inexpensive go with a flush 2 or 3 gang box, a blank stainless steel wall plate and drill your own holes in the plate for some miniature toggle switches.

Or even use some of these switches:

I had a similar situation and used four of these Decora switches in two two-gang Wiremold boxes. I used white boxes, plates and switches for the whole thing. It looked awesome and was very reasonably-priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.