SKM PTW HELP. Crossing cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng

Hello, I am working on a very large project utilizing SKM PTW for the arc flash and short circuit study. I have a couple of instances where I need the cable to cross, but not connect. Is there a way to cross the cables and have them either gap at the point where they cross or 'jump' at the point where they cross?

Thanks.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Hello, I am working on a very large project utilizing SKM PTW for the arc flash and short circuit study. I have a couple of instances where I need the cable to cross, but not connect. Is there a way to cross the cables and have them either gap at the point where they cross or 'jump' at the point where they cross?

Thanks.

You can cross them any time you want, they only join at the ends (nodes). PTW is not CAD. If you want them to look better, you will need to export your PTW one-liness and edit them in a proper drawing software package.

Eng

You can cross them any time you want, they only join at the ends (nodes). PTW is not CAD. If you want them to look better, you will need to export your PTW one-liness and edit them in a proper drawing software package.

excellent idea. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.