manuel transfer switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbrandt

I need some help on a MTS that a customer wants installed for solar power.

Here's what I was thinking about doing- he has a Sq. D all in one 200 amp service panel on his house. Can I come off the load side of the meter thru the breaker section of the panel to a MTS and then back to the 200 amp main breaker in the panel? Have no room to come out the left side or I would do it that way.

Also do I need to run the neutral to the MTS, because the neutral is not being switched.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

kbrandt

They have a 200 amp all in one. and he wants to put a transfer switch so that he can just run off solar at times when he is low usage of power.

My main question is can load side of meter wires go thru breaker section to xfer switch and back to main breaker above smaller ocpd's that feed the home. I will be using 200 MTS and it will have an off position to disconnect both solar and poco.

iwire

Staff member
They have a 200 amp all in one. and he wants to put a transfer switch so that he can just run off solar at times when he is low usage of power.

It is very likely he cannot do this.

Does he have a stack of batteries with a charge controller or does he have a grid tied inverter for solar?

I know this is not what you are asking about but it may be a total waste to install the MTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.