Advertising, where and what are you using? What did you use before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUNNING

I has seen the paradigm change for effective advertising. What is everyone doing? I have tried news print, local community papers, coffee news, religious inserts, Yellow Pages, Google. I have tried everything but a guy on a corner with a sandwich board. Nothing seems to be working. What is working for you? What kind of budget are you using?

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I am trying SEO for the website and it seems to be driving traffic to the website. For a while I have been thinking of doing radio spots on the local talk radio but i have not moved on it yet.

I belive with advertising just like anyhting else you have to stick to it for a while and check result.

Jamstoyz

When I got into biz for myself I used Craigslist and it helped me grow in the past 3 years. You do have to weed out the bullchit but its free. The biggest account I picked up from it is doing Fannie Mae Freddid Mac foreclosure homes with an REO company. I wasted money on yellowpages online and just recently put a half page ad in Claimspages. I'll let you all know if Claimspages works. Im also thinking about trying BNI network. My friend who owns a heating and cooling biz tried it and picked up $50k his first year from it.

Mesh

Any tips on using Craigslist?

I see some people don't put up any text, just an image with the text written on it (like a promotional card). Does that help with spammers?

Do you put up ads every 3 days and close the old ones, or have a lot of revolving ads at once?

I'm curious what the best way to advertise on Craigslist is.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
When I got into ......... I'll let you all know if Claimspages works. Im also thinking about trying BNI network. My friend who owns a heating and cooling biz tried it and picked up $50k his first year from it.

I was one the founding members of the very first BNI chapter in the San Francisco Bay area and stuck to it for about 9 years. It is a goodd tructured organization. The benefits are great if you are willing to put time into it, also need to find a chapter that has more home service type members. (loan officers, heating A/C, plumbers, construction, painter, applaince repair.....)

Rewire

Any tips on using Craigslist?

I see some people don't put up any text, just an image with the text written on it (like a promotional card). Does that help with spammers?

Do you put up ads every 3 days and close the old ones, or have a lot of revolving ads at once?

I'm curious what the best way to advertise on Craigslist is.

We do adds on CL but we are not looking for the typical CL customer. Our add contains a link to our website. We use the title to get first page exposer in searches. If you search for Sunrise Beach electrician which would be a typical customer search method our CL ad will appear on the first page. We rotate seveal addds and keep them up almost daily. We do the same in all cities in our service area we simply out in the title " city name, electrician , sometimes we add things like (panel upgrade)" We have found this a good way to drive traffic to our web site.

Jamstoyz

Writing good ads on cl will help get customers. I will also put some pricing on my ads. When customers call they say they chose me cause i wrote my pricing and that they like my ad. Just try and think what you would wanna see if you were the customer. Tell them a good reason why they should use or choose your company. I also tell them dont attemp electrical on your own cause electrical is the number one cause of house fires. I think kitchen fires are actually number one but it sounds good. I put my website link and my phone number too. Yes you get spammers but you know what to watch out for. I do post 3 different ads as often as it will let me. Keywords on your title is key to draw attention

Rewire

Writing good ads on cl will help get customers. I will also put some pricing on my ads. When customers call they say they chose me cause i wrote my pricing and that they like my ad. Just try and think what you would wanna see if you were the customer. Tell them a good reason why they should use or choose your company. I also tell them dont attemp electrical on your own cause electrical is the number one cause of house fires. I think kitchen fires are actually number one but it sounds good. I put my website link and my phone number too. Yes you get spammers but you know what to watch out for. I do post 3 different ads as often as it will let me. Keywords on your title is key to draw attention

I see alot of adds writing out their number five five five- six,six,six,six I dont know if that stops the spammers or not.

chris1971

We do three to four mailings a year to past customers. TOMA (top of mind awareness) keeps us fresh in the customers mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.