Amount of liability insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

I do 95% residential work and have a one million dollar liability policy. I have been doing some 9 and 10000 sg ft homes lately that cost way over a million dollars. I received a quote for a 2 million dollar rider and a 4 million dollars rider the 4 mill being close to 2k. Was wondering how much liability others carry? I feel like I should go with the 4 million one if any. Why have 2 mill in coverage when I could still end up owing 2million.

I do 95% residential work and have a one million dollar liability policy. I have been doing some 9 and 10000 sg ft homes lately that cost way over a million dollars. I received a quote for a 2 million dollar rider and a 4 million dollars rider the 4 mill being close to 2k. Was wondering how much liability others carry? I feel like I should go with the 4 million one if any. Why have 2 mill in coverage when I could still end up owing 2million.

I do predominately resi also. I carry 2 mill liability / 4 mill aggregate (whatever that means). I don't think any of my past resi customers homes are worth more than 1 mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.