Coffee Pot Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

etbtsi

On a job we're bidding to include installing a commercial bunn coffee maker, and I want to double check my work. This is in a commercial office setting and the customer already has the equipment. In sizing the circuit, would this fall under "thermostatically controlled kitchen equipment" and would not be considered continuous? Name plate on machine says 120/240 @ 17.1A, 4100W and manual calls for 20A. Would this fall under 220.56 and therefore I could supply with 12/3 MC to a single L14-30 receptacle?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1

rt66electric

ALWAYS ON despite OFF switch

ALWAYS ON despite OFF switch

Those fancy BUNN makers Have a built-in reserve tank. They are always ON and HOT in order to provide "instant hot water. Remember this when trouble shooting a commercial kitchen " I turn it off, and ,the toaster still trips."

MarineTech

Those fancy BUNN makers Have a built-in reserve tank. They are always ON and HOT in order to provide "instant hot water. Remember this when trouble shooting a commercial kitchen " I turn it off, and ,the toaster still trips."

I thought about this myself while watching how a restaurant used their Bunn coffee maker(s). During peak hours, it looks like the coffee pot is heating/brewing non-stop, for hours at a time. Perhaps, it may be better to size conductors per a continuous load when the equipment duty cycle gets above 90%.

Best regards,

MarineTech

kwired

Electron manager

They are not 'always on' the tank is controlled by a thermostat.
And when the tank reaches the set temp it turns off. If they were always on it would eventually boil the water, and by boil I mean we would have high pressure steam start developing in there, if it were not used fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.