high leg value

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
There's no arguement from me that there are several places where it is used a lot,and needed. I've worked on my fair share of them.
It still doesnt change my opinion of a strictly Delta Service. I just don't like em.

Many of the places where they are used, there is limited 120 volt loads and more three phase load. You kind of get a little more bang for your buck from 240 volts in these cases than you do from 208 volts. A large office, data center or other place that has primarily 120 volt loads the wye system does make more sense.

delectric123

when those 36" and 48" ventilating fans have to fight a 30 - 50 mph wind. i feel 240 versus 208 is like a Caterpillar D9 crawler versus a Caterpillar D8 crawler.

Last edited:

jumper

when those 36" and 48" ventilating fans have to fight a 30 - 50 mph wind. i feel 240 versus 208 is like a Caterpillar D9 crawler versus a Caterpillar D8 crawler.

While I do not know much about dozers, I agree that 240/120 services are a good option for certain applications.

We used them often for our well pump and septic/lift/grinder stations at my old job.

liquidtite

Many of the places where they are used, there is limited 120 volt loads and more three phase load. You kind of get a little more bang for your buck from 240 volts in these cases than you do from 208 volts. A large office, data center or other place that has primarily 120 volt loads the wye system does make more sense.
is their a 3phase 120/240 wye

kwired

Electron manager

Thinking about this, if you were to put a restriction in a duct (similar to the wind blowing against your ventilating fan) you increase pressure and decrease volume the fan is moving - the load on the motor should go down instead of up, now if the wind is pushing more air through the fan, I guess it will depend on a few things, more volume requires more HP, but some of that extra volume already has its own power behind it and will likely not demand much extra from the motor.

is their a 3phase 120/240 wye

Not physically possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.