Referrals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1971

When you get a nice referral from a previous customer, do you send a thank you card or cash or a gift certificate?

Also, when you get referrals from another trade, do you send a thank you card or cash or a gift certificate? I have a plumber that refers me to all his customers if they need electrical work done.

John120/240

A hand written Thank You note would go a long ways to show appreciation for a referral. As for a restaurant gift card, cash gift, or a nice bottle of ____________ (insert your choice) I think once yearly would be sufficient. It really depends on your relationship with the one who gave you the referral. In the case of fellow contractors what type of referrals do you send him ?

Rewire

We have a select group of service providers we refer and they refer us when a cliet refers us we note it in our database so when they call for service we offer them a discount.

chris1971

We have a select group of service providers we refer and they refer us when a cliet refers us we note it in our database so when they call for service we offer them a discount.

What type of discount do you offer them? Percentage off total invoice?

Besoeker

When you get a nice referral from a previous customer, do you send a thank you card or cash or a gift certificate?

Also, when you get referrals from another trade, do you send a thank you card or cash or a gift certificate? I have a plumber that refers me to all his customers if they need electrical work done.
It seems to me that a reciprocal trade would be a reasonable and mutually satisfactory arrangement. If your customers need a plumber refer them to your plumber.

kwired

Electron manager
As for customer referals, I give a thank u and a discount towards next service. As for other trades the referals should definetly be a 2 way street

Other trades? I do get referrals from other tradesmen that fortunately I would not want to recommend to others:eek:hmy:

Just how life works sometimes. Then you get referrals for jobs from other electricians, sometimes because they are just too busy to take a job and want to be nice to the prospective client, other times they don't want the job for good reason, and I don't want it either.

bobbymari

Other trades? I do get referrals from other tradesmen that fortunately I would not want to recommend to others:eek:hmy:

Just how life works sometimes. Then you get referrals for jobs from other electricians, sometimes because they are just too busy to take a job and want to be nice to the prospective client, other times they don't want the job for good reason, and I don't want it either.

I guess I could see that, but normally the tradesmen we get referrals from fortunately are more than qualified and worthy of a referral. I think it pretty much goes without saying if you don't trust their skills or character, of course don't refer them. Lucky for us we work along side many great/skilled tradesman which 2 way referrals are comman practice.

kwired

Electron manager
I guess I could see that, but normally the tradesmen we get referrals from fortunately are more than qualified and worthy of a referral. I think it pretty much goes without saying if you don't trust their skills or character, of course don't refer them. Lucky for us we work along side many great/skilled tradesman which 2 way referrals are comman practice.

I work around many other tradesmen that I do like as people, but I do not feel that they are all as competent as others I have been around. Some are really nice people but IMO do not have much business doing what they do. I may not shoot them down, but am not going to put them at the top of a referral list either. I guess I have no problem with others feeling the same about me, we are all different and see things differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.