Outside contractor crossed a line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
If it happened to me, I would have the guy arrested. He is a "Locater". He is not on your payroll and has no business touching your work. He put you in a lible position. Even an electric inspector cannot touch your work!
I want a copy of the transcript when you make the call to dispatch:
"Yes, you heard me correctly! This guy just removed my bonding jumpers. I want him arrested! Now!

"Right, we'll get on it quick. What was your name again?"

kwired

Electron manager
"Yes, you heard me correctly! This guy just removed my bonding jumpers. I want him arrested! Now!

Sorry, we can't seem to locate him right now:D

cowboyjwc

Staff member

"My name? Ummm......kwired, that's it. They call me kwired."

Girl Engineer

Maybe the utility contractor was confused. There is 250.52(B)(1) that does not allow the gas line to be used as a grounding electrode. He could have heard this and not understood that you had a separate grounding electrode, and were just bonding the pipe/meter. :roll:

ceb58

Maybe the utility contractor was confused. There is 250.52(B)(1) that does not allow the gas line to be used as a grounding electrode. He could have heard this and not understood that you had a separate grounding electrode, and were just bonding the pipe/meter. :roll:
Please go back and read the original post. There was not a Utility Contractor involved it was a worker for a Utility Locating company. It doesn't matter what he heard, thought he heard or thought he knew. He had no authority to touch any thing more than a can of spray paint. No different than if I were to walk by one of your drawings and just start adding lines to it.:jawdrop:

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Please go back and read the original post. There was not a Utility Contractor involved it was a worker for a Utility Locating company. It doesn't matter what he heard, thought he heard or thought he knew. He had no authority to touch any thing more than a can of spray paint. No different than if I were to walk by one of your drawings and just start adding lines to it.:jawdrop:

Yes and that why I said in my previous post that this is way out of line-you just said it better.:D And Girl Engineer has a valid point-there is a big difference in bonding a gas line and using it as a GE.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

Dave, since this has turned to a lighter side and at the risk of being admonished by the Mod's for getting off track, I have to ask about your kitty. It may be a photo you stole from me of our kitty-or maybe related to mine. After all we are both from Colorado.:D

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Dave, since this has turned to a lighter side and at the risk of being admonished by the Mod's for getting off track, I have to ask about your kitty. It may be a photo you stole from me of our kitty-or maybe related to mine. After all we are both from Colorado.:D
That is Queen Sara. She has four subjects that live in her castle; five if you count the court jester, a corgi mutt that is four times as long as she is tall.

RLyons

So he saw 4 meters continuously bonded on the customer side of the meter equipped with a dielectric union running in complete view directly to a ground rod, that is beyond confused:lol: not to mention he didn't know what csst stood for. I presented everything to the boss and the first thing out of his mouth is BILL EM!

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
So he saw 4 meters continuously bonded on the customer side of the meter equipped with a dielectric union running in complete view directly to a ground rod, that is beyond confused:lol: not to mention he didn't know what csst stood for. I presented everything to the boss and the first thing out of his mouth is BILL EM!

Your boss would get along great with my boss!:happyyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.