What power catalogs do you use

Status
Not open for further replies.

cppoly

GE and Siemens' online catalogs are horrible when trying to find electrical equipment cutsheets. Eaton is pretty good. Just curious what everyone uses.

kwired

Electron manager
Not meaning to be a smart%$$, but you kind of don't have a choice. If you need a GE item or part you will not find it in an Eaton catalog.:angel:

cppoly

This is true, but not if you don't have a specific manufacturer selected. Which catalog is most helpful to you as a resource?

jcbabb

Just in case it helps, I use the "Digest" by Square D on a daily basis. I also sometimes cross-check with my Eaton catalog, but I am much more familiar with the Digest.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
The catalog I pick first, is based on familiarity more than anything else.

I find most vendor catalogs to be nothing more than sales information. Yeah, they all include dimensions but not much in the way of actual ratings and performance; the stuff that helps me decide if something is properly rated. I have never figured out why the stuff I need is usually found in the 'secret' literature supplied to consulting engineers, rather than the typical sales catalogs that cutsheets come from.

Device catalogs are the worst, followed by transfer switches. Generators cutsheets aren't bad but, like transformer catalogs they usually only have about 98% of what is needed.

For breakers, panels, transformers, fuses, and such, there is not much in any of the major vendors that would allow me to say this is my favorite because of what's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.