rope lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
I have been doing forum search for rope lights, "rope lights", and rope + lights. I get every result containing the word "light," which is not much different than every result on lighting forum. Is there a way to narrow down search?

Although I'm sure situation has been discussed before, I'll put it here anyway:

Customer has rope lighting around top of kitchen cabinets, I did not bother with exact measure since I assumed I would be cutting off roll, +- 75'. Several sections have burned out, I recommended replacing entire rope, since the sections still working were the same age as the burnt out sections.

So while my focus was elsewhere, the bulk rolls of incandescent rope lights aren't UL approved (I know this is old news to active electricians).

What is my best next move? Thanks.

kwired

Electron manager
I have been doing forum search for rope lights, "rope lights", and rope + lights. I get every result containing the word "light," which is not much different than every result on lighting forum. Is there a way to narrow down search?

Although I'm sure situation has been discussed before, I'll put it here anyway:

Customer has rope lighting around top of kitchen cabinets, I did not bother with exact measure since I assumed I would be cutting off roll, +- 75'. Several sections have burned out, I recommended replacing entire rope, since the sections still working were the same age as the burnt out sections.

So while my focus was elsewhere, the bulk rolls of incandescent rope lights aren't UL approved (I know this is old news to active electricians).

What is my best next move? Thanks.
Flexible LED strips, but they will cost more, and you will need drivers and other other accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.