Existing Exterior Electrical Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

amzngsurf

Anyone notice any code violations for the existing electrical service? Image attached.

Attachments

• Exterior Electrical Service.JPG
    Exterior Electrical Service.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 0

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Anyone notice any code violations for the existing electrical service? Image attached.

If the cables leaving the meter bank are SE, I would ask how far each goes inside the building before hitting disconnect and first OCPD. If the mains for each occupancy are at the unit, it could be a long way. Where would the point of service and bonding be?
(Can't tell any of that just from the picture.)
Looks like the main disconnect is locked in the closed position.
What is the small conduit coming out of the bottom of the main disconnect?

The CATV box is the neatest looking part of the whole thing. :)

Last edited:
If the cables leaving the meter bank are SE, I would ask how far each goes inside the building before hitting disconnect and first OCPD. If the mains for each occupancy are at the unit, it could be a long way.

Hard to tell from the picture but the cables look "roundish" (new word!) like a 4 wire and my guess would be that OCP is in the locked part of the cabinets beneath each row of meters.

Where would the point of service and bonding be?
What is the small conduit coming out of the bottom of the main disconnect? My guess... grounding conductor going to groundrod.

Need better pics

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
What is the small conduit coming out of the bottom of the main disconnect? My guess... grounding conductor going to groundrod.
If so, why does it elbow into the brick wall? Internal ground rod? Ufer?
There is another one that does appear to keep going out the bottom of the picture.

iwire

Staff member
If the cables leaving the meter bank are SE, I would ask how far each goes inside the building before hitting disconnect and first OCPD. If the mains for each occupancy are at the unit, it could be a long way. Where would the point of service and bonding be?
What is the small conduit coming out of the bottom of the main disconnect?

The OCPD for each unit would be behind the padlocked covers at the bottoms of the stacks.

The bonding should be at the main switch on the right.

The cables appear to be SER which would be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.