Florecent Undercabinet llights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor

hurk27

See - when you ask an off-the-wall question someone will take you seriously and answer. I wonder if these are available at HD ?

Just when you think they have run out of sales pitches you see something new used, and with a life of only 8k hours at a cost of $14.25 a lamp I think I will pass, I have seen incandescent lamps last that long, used to install many florescent strip lights, but the biggest problem we had was the older magnetic ballast would hum and the cabinet would act as a sound board and amplify the sound, so we just quit installing them, we did install a few hocky puck or quartz strips, but I have seen a few of the LED ribbon strips I they didn't look bad, and is about the lowest profile you can get.

A friend of min who I wired the house for, found some that were only ?" wide and came on a role with several push on connector that after you cut the ribbon then just pushed on these change over to wire connectors, the ribbon had a peel and stick tape on them and he ran them all the way around the lip that hangs down under each cabinet facing in, he ran the two wire cable up to the top of each cabinet between the space between each, where I had installed a horizontal receptacle right at the top of each cabinet section, he also did the same thing at the top of each cabinet, they all connected together, when he turned them on they were so bright he didn't even need to have the regular kitchen lights on, they come with a controller to change the temperature of them or any of the three colors that made up the ribbon red green or blue or anything in-between, nicest system I have seen yet.

chris1971

We'll install whatever the customer wants. If they want fluorescent we'll install them.. LED we'll install them.

kwired

Electron manager
We'll install whatever the customer wants. If they want fluorescent we'll install them.. LED we'll install them.

What about that 70-80% of customers that typically don't know what they want? They usually just know they want light under the cabinet and that is all they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.