pool light

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymari

Have a question regarding pool fixture replacement. Fixture not bulb. We are redoing pool light run ,as existing in deck box was burried with stone tile deck. dohhh!! Needless to say deck is going to be opened up and we are going to reroute entire setup to modern standards with overkill probably raise up at least a foot above ground. 2 questions I have are these. The plan is to remove burried brass box and couple on to to brass feeding pool to our new location with a brass threaded coupling to our new locationed pool junction box.
ques 1) What methods are used to get our 90 degree riser sweep to our jbox using brass?
ques 2) Since we will empty pool just enough to work with and refill before replacing fixture, should I duct seal niche to brass or some other method to seal off conduit or just let water hang out in the conduit since cords are made to be submerged anyways. I realize the water wont make it up our 90 above the water level. Just wanted some tips from guys that do their share of pool work. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.