suspending of a 45 Kva XFMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C

I am looking for info on suspending a 45 Kva Xfmr in a T-Bar ceiling, I am looking for info on how to lift the Xfmr, the room is very small and I only have a 36" door to get a lift into the room?

Thanks Jeff

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
If you are going to suspend the transfomer, then you should be able to rig off of the structure that the transfomer will be suspended from. If you are going to wall mount it, you may be able to use a lift like the sheet metal guys use for duct work.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
We use a Genie lift or in really tight spots a 1/2 or 1 ton chain fall. A 45 kva should be no problem to suspend with some rod and strut.

slc3.jpg

20130207_141457.jpg

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
We use a Genie lift or in really tight spots a 1/2 or 1 ton chain fall. A 45 kva should be no problem to suspend with some rod and strut.

Don't hesitate to rent the right equipment if you do not have it.
Trying to "make do" when heavy loads are involved can end up taking more time as well as being unsafe.
If nobody on the job has any experience with rigging, a chain fail and improvised support can be risky too.

Obvious, but I had to say it....

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Don't hesitate to rent the right equipment if you do not have it.
Trying to "make do" when heavy loads are involved can end up taking more time as well as being unsafe.
If nobody on the job has any experience with rigging, a chain fail and improvised support can be risky too.

Obvious, but I had to say it....

Good point. Even a lift can be dangerous if not used properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.