Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
In the following graphic...

motor.jpg

Since the temp rise is 40?C, and the service factor is 1.15, then I can use 125% overload protection per 430.32(A)(1).

If the service factor were 1.14 and the temp is 40?C, then I must use no greater than 115%.

If the service factor were 1.15 and the temp is 41?C, then I must use no greater than 115%.

Are all the above observations correct?

Smart $

Esteemed Member

View attachment 8509

Since the temp rise is 40?C, and the service factor is 1.15, then I can use 125% overload protection per 430.32(A)(1).

If the service factor were 1.14 and the temp is 40?C, then I must use no greater than 115%.

If the service factor were 1.15 and the temp is 41?C, then I must use no greater than 115%.

Yes... but I highly doubt you will ever run across the oddball ratings :D

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer

View attachment 8509

I do believe that it is either or that allows 125%

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I do believe that it is either or that allows 125%
Ahh! I believe you have a point.

If service factor 1.15 or greater, up to 125%. The temperature rise doesn't matter.
If temperature rise 40?C or less, up to 125%. The service factor doesn't matter.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Well, which is it? :)

I ask because I originally thought it was "either" but we all got the question marked as wrong when we regarded it as such.
truth.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.