parking the service truck ,street or drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

for those doing residential service where do you prefer to park your vehicle on the street or in the drive way? We usually park in the street for better visability and less likely a small leak will stain a driveway.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
less likely a small leak will stain a driveway.

Yea, my truck isn't new either. It leaks a little, and I don't like to get the oil on my own concrete driveway, much less someone else's.

rt66electric

Back it up to the Garage

Back it up to the Garage

Back it up to the Garage. I HATE getting ran over by traffic while digging out a j-box from the side of my truck. On cold calls (don't know ya) I general try to park in a location where the customer can see my truck from the front door. it does not leak oil. If a customer is snobby about parking in their driveway, then, I am snobby enough not provide service for them. One customer TOLD me to park in the street, he had a drive way 300ft long, I DID, Somewhere else... The next customer was happy to see me and fed me coffee and snacks while I worked.

growler

for those doing residential service where do you prefer to park your vehicle on the street or in the drive way?

I Prefer to park as close as possible but that doesn't always work out . In some areas it's not allowed to park on the street. Some driveways are 500 ft long and up-hill. Some customers have 47 cars parked in their driveway.

If it's close and I can park with traffic and the side door is not facing the street then I park in the street. If it's 500 ft to the street then I use the driveway.

If I were to notice any oil stains I guess I would park on the street or carry a small can of used oil to squirt under the customers car so they would think they had a problem ( or maybe just get the leak fixed or take that 100K a year job so I could afford to drive an decent van ).

I would prefer to back the van up right through the bay window onto the living room floor so my tools and materials would be handier, but to date, I've refrained from this practice.

Seriously, my van doesn't leak, so I generally back into the driveway if it's convenient. My van doesn't have signs so parking on the street for advertisement doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.