business email

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
What do you use for your business email? Do you use your business name like Jimsmith@mybiz.com or do you use a @gmail or other .

firstinitiallastname"at"company.com

I make a point of asking people not to send me personal or non-work related messages to my work account. If we're that friendly, I'll give them my home e-dress.

nhfire77

What do you use for your business email? Do you use your business name like Jimsmith@mybiz.com or do you use a @gmail or other .

Me@biz.com

I read and respond all mail from one account that allows multiple outgoing email names.

There are plenty of business contacts I want nothing to do with in my personal email, and it's not professional looking (IMO) to use a non @biz email

dduffee260

We have our own mail server. It is our names at our company -elec.com. I would give it out but I get enough spam as it is.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
If you have a business web site, I think the web site address is it is a ".com" address should be used.

I do not think any other email address is especially professional looking but the ones that look the worst to me are the ones that are some random seeming set of characters appended to something that makes sense like mikeholt23@aol.com.

If you have a company web site address, I think you should have at least a bare bones page there. I don't think it needs to be professionally done. No one really expects a flashy web site from a one man band, but they do expect to be able to get in contact with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.