Supporting emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtite

Is it code to support emt from chain the same kind that guys hang floresent fixures from.ive always used threaded rod nicer look and tighter hold.i asked him about using rod and he said to much time ,all the old conduits that I've demoed in the warehouse were hung the same way.i asked if inspectors like this method he said its only 1/2" n 3/4" so it's not alot of weight it just seems cheesy to me.this is the first time I've seemed it done this way the chain is attached to a cowboy

liquidtite

I understand I wasn't Shure when using the hanging method I've alwaysed used rod.i wasn't Shure if chain was legal for emt hangers it seemes off to me

iwire

Staff member
I understand I wasn't Shure when using the hanging method I've alwaysed used rod.i wasn't Shure if chain was legal for emt hangers it seemes off to me

In my opinion determining if a raceway is secure is entirely up to the AHJ / Inspector looking at the specific job.

liquidtite

So theirs no code that says what you can and can not hang emt or boxes with .so if one wanted to you could hang boxes with tie wire .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.