Burnt wire on compressor.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Just wanted to share a few things i found over the years
Very refreshing for a pseudo-Monday morning!

Re #8, do you think that the process of installing the CT may have played a role in the likely poor connection that burned the insulation?
Re #6, what is wrong with that? They even put a loop on the end of the ground wire so that it would at least some of the time make contact in the U-slot. :)

Very refreshing for a pseudo-Monday morning!

Re #8, do you think that the process of installing the CT may have played a role in the likely poor connection that burned the insulation?
Re #6, what is wrong with that? They even put a loop on the end of the ground wire so that it would at least some of the time make contact in the U-slot. :)
#8 the wire had been replaced a few months prior by someone who forgot to tighten down the lug and the results are very ovbious. It runs a refer system compressor so it starts and stops a lot and im sure that didnt help either.

#6 is perfect when u need a air compressor to run out in the apple orchard. lol:thumbsup:

Those conductors were split the entire way up the pipe too (over 20'). It was very impressive it never faulted to ground actually with all the water running down the conduit. Needless to say the business owner was very displeased when we told him he needed to shut down immediately.:D

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
They definitely get style points for #6.
The rest is just a whole lot of bad, ugly and trouble, but... $$$ for some electrician and that can be good.

If someone will pay to fix it. I've had a lot of customers say "it's worked ok all these years. Just fix the part that isn't working and I'll do the rest later". Customers will not take things seriously until something doesn't work or someone gets hurt. Then it is "no one ever told me this was dangerous".

I have walked away from several places where I could have been in a lose/lose status for liability. I fix it all or I don't touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.