Dead front needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

I need a dead front for a Gould/ITE panel .... Model WGQ20MBA. It's a NEMA 3R panel.

Anyone got one laying around or know where to get one? It would save me from having to install a new panel.

jumper

I take it that for some reason having a fab shop make one is not an option in this case. :?

While a tad expensive, a good one can make just about anything.

I am not really telling you anything that do not know, but I am curious.

Edit: I missed that Dennis had already mentioned this. Sorry.

bward

I take it that for some reason having a fab shop make one is not an option in this case. :?

While a tad expensive, a good one can make just about anything.

While a custom made one might serve the purpose, it wouldn't be a listed product, and then not legally able to be installed...

renosteinke

Any sheet metal shop - and most HVAC shops - will be able to make a cover. It's best if they have a sample to copy. I think the last one I made cost $75.

Any REAL paint store can make you a quart of paint that's a spot-on match with the original.

James S.

While a custom made one might serve the purpose, it wouldn't be a listed product, and then not legally able to be installed...

True but finding parts for old panels is often impossible or just cost prohibitive. That leaves you with a choice of replacing the panel and having one made. Guess which one the customer is going to go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.