Controlling two motors with one contactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectric123

i have two small Grundfos circulating pumps side by side. one 115v 1 ph. with FLA of 3.0 amps, and the other 208v 3 ph. with 2.5 FLA. The required individual disconnects, and a start-stop with thermal overload for 3 ph. pump is located at the pumps. in addition to that, i want to remotely start and stop both pumps. Is it allowable to power both pumps from a 3-pole contactor, plus a neutral for the 115v pump?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
i have two small Grundfos circulating pumps side by side. one 115v 1 ph. with FLA of 3.0 amps, and the other 208v 3 ph. with 2.5 FLA. The required individual disconnects, and a start-stop with thermal overload for 3 ph. pump is located at the pumps. in addition to that, i want to remotely start and stop both pumps. Is it allowable to power both pumps from a 3-pole contactor, plus a neutral for the 115v pump?

I think you could probably find a code legal way to do this but it seems like for such small motors the cost of doing so might not be worth the effort.

you can get contactors for these size motors for $20.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Does the manufacture require a dedicated circuit in the installation instructions? This is where the devil is in the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.