Bio Diesel Process

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are wiring an addition to a Bio plant. The manufacterer of some of the process skids is not providing nameplate data on the assembled skid. We have been told by them to read nameplate info off of each motor, which is not a problem, but the feedstock electric heaters have no nameplate to determine the circuit calcs. The manufacterer is vebally indicating 150KW. Is there a publication by NFPA that requires a nameplate to be furnished by the manufacterer? Also do the requirements of 110.21 Marking pertain to process equipment or just electrical equipment? Thanks!

Thanks I saw that and determined it pertained to control panels, what I have is a large steel pressure vessel that has three oil submerged heating elements. RTD's will communicate to the PLC operating temps and over temp.The elements will be wired in a Delta configuration controlled by contactors that are FBO. I have to connect the field wiring between the controller and the elements and need to know if a namplate is required to be placed on the vessel by the manufacturer. A controls contractor is building the Listed panel but with out more info I feel exposed if verbal info is all that is provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.