overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

I have four trucks on the road and we were keeping up until this last batch of storms and now we are getting service repairs . We went to ten hour days and I am asking for any volunteers to work Saturday. I told the guys to put that OT money in a savings account for winter slow downs. Looks like a better second quarter in the making.

Rewire

And your question or informational point is?:?

does every post require a question or informational point? But if you must have one or the other I will expand upon the post, it has been many months of struggle just to maintain 40 hours for everyone. The down economy being a major factor. Even though last year was slightly better we are doing much better and at an earlier point in the year.

Are first quarter numbers were dragged down by a very sluggish January but with the early upturn in sales volume that is now requiring to work the crews more than 40 hours should produce a signifigant boost in our second quarter numbers.

On a secondary note I reminded the crew that the nature of the beast is feast or famine and it would be a good idea to store some acorns for the winter.

In business you have good overtime and bad overtime , this is good overtime.

On a secondary note I reminded the crew that the nature of the beast is feast or famine and it would be a good idea to store some acorns for the winter.

I think that's a pretty important point, too many people spend extra what they get extra then don't have anything later. (I think it's OK to spend some of it now, but not even half if you know there will lean months ahead.)

What are the phrases? Oh, yes- Make hay when the sun shines. and Save something for a rainy day

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
The deceased owner of our company once told us in regards to bonus checks we had just gotten "don't spend the next one until you have it in hand" I took him at his word. Good thing too! we never got another one.......

Status
Not open for further replies.