Chicken Switch: what's a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

John53

We are looking for a reliable, affordable chicken switch to operate our Sq. D 4000 amp Bolt Loc switch from 50' away (our Hazard Limit Boundary is 38.5 feet). Has anyone had any experience with MarTek Ltd. Chicken Switches? We are specifically looking at model BL30.

John53

it is a remote actuator for a switch used where the incident energy is too high to use PPE. In our case, our incident energy is 247 calories.

bure961

Not sure about your model but we have a chicken switch for a couple of years and it has worked well for us. Ours has about 30' cable attached to it. Enough to exit the room. Uses batteries.

John53

Not sure about your model but we have a chicken switch for a couple of years and it has worked well for us. Ours has about 30' cable attached to it. Enough to exit the room. Uses batteries.

Is yours the actual "Chicken Switch" brand? We have to be at least 38', so we'll need the 50' cable option.

bure961

Yes it is the actual chicken switch but the one I have does not have more then 30' cord. There are some that are wired or wireless. I believe a company called CBS makes one. I could be wrong about the name but there is a very knowledgeable person on here by the name of ZOG who might be able to help you. Do a search for the name .

Status
Not open for further replies.