Electrical induction question

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlf

I'm having trouble with a question in my apprenticeship if anyone can help me out it would be great.
The question is...
A 40V cable lays next to a 400v cable on metallic cable tray. Explain the magnetic and induction issues associated with this?
I can some what get the answer but i want full marks and a better understanding.
Cheers

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I'm having trouble with a question in my apprenticeship if anyone can help me out it would be great.
The question is...
A 40V cable lays next to a 400v cable on metallic cable tray. Explain the magnetic and induction issues associated with this?
I can some what get the answer but i want full marks and a better understanding.
Cheers
First ask yourself or your teacher whether they are single conductor cables or multiconductor cables containing all wires of the associated circuit. And is the cable tray ferrous metal or aluminum?
The induction issues are also magnetic issues :), but any forces between cables would just be magnetic.

PS: Start by telling us what you think you understand. Trying to explain it to us will help you get it clearer in your own mind. Just giving you an answer will not do you any good in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.