Fuel Cell Powered Home Appliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would it take to power a home appliance (washer, dryer, refrigerator) with a fuel cell?

Instead of a high-output fuel cell powering the entire home, I am wondering about the feasibility of each appliance with its own fuel cell.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
What would it take to power a home appliance (washer, dryer, refrigerator) with a fuel cell?

Instead of a high-output fuel cell powering the entire home, I am wondering about the feasibility of each appliance with its own fuel cell.
Depends on what the fuel input to the fuel cell (FC) is, what the exhaust byproducts are, whether the FC is safe enough to be located inside, economies of scale inf construction of an FC, etc. An FC takes up a bunch of space, so putting one next to each appliance may take up too much expensive space.