Methods for cutting a box into a stucco wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the tool gods are going to have to punish you for using a screwdriver as a chisel. If they don't OSHA will:happyyes:

Not to mention the job being executed in a workmanlike manner. It is interesting how the craft skills deteriorate with each additional 'solution'. Sometimes by the same who bash the 'mexican' or other trade intruders who sometimes have their own ingenious albeit unorthodox solutions.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Not to mention the job being executed in a workmanlike manner. It is interesting how the craft skills deteriorate with each additional 'solution'. Sometimes by the same who bash the 'mexican' or other trade intruders who sometimes have their own ingenious albeit unorthodox solutions.
It's a learned skill. I bet I can get one in almost as fast as any of those guys using power tools and it will look just as good. I've been doing this a long time, long before cordless tools or Roto Zips or any of that fancy stuff. You learn to make things work.

PetrosA

A sharp beating screwdriver in the hands of someone who knows how to use it is fast, and creates nowhere near the amount of dust as a rotozip or Fein tool. It's good for plaster or stucco. But again, knowing how to use it is the secret. Like I said before, I can cut out a hole for a 4" box in stucco with my Hilti combi hammer and a 1 1/2" chisel bit with no more than 1/16" play, but it's a little like driving a F1 race car ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.