Latching Relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan8943

I would like to use latching relays on an application. CB size is 20A. Normal load can be ~15 A. I would rather have relays that are 20A or larger. Anyone know of a good vendor. These relays will be closed 95% of the time. I've found 16A rated octal latching relays, but am uncomfortable using something rated so close to the actual normal load.

templdl

I would like to use latching relays on an application. CB size is 20A. Normal load can be ~15 A. I would rather have relays that are 20A or larger. Anyone know of a good vendor. These relays will be closed 95% of the time. I've found 16A rated octal latching relays, but am uncomfortable using something rated so close to the actual normal load.

Start be looking at an Eaton A202 latching lighting contactor. You can also consider a mechanically held contactor.

beanland

Electrically held of mechanically held?

Electrically held of mechanically held?

I assume you are talking mechanically latched relays? There are some good ones that are also magnetically latched: permanent magnet holds the contacts closed. GE used to make a decent line of relays. Potter-Brumfield Tyco is also a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.