Labor & Multi-Story Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Reading a NECA research paper " The effect of mulit-story buildings on productivity." Has anyone worked on a building over 3 stories high and do you agrre that an increased labor factor is required? Maybe more so on a 10+ story bulding.

cdslotz

Absolutely labor is affected.
It is recommended in all labor manuals I have seen, to factor each additional floor a percentage higher than the previous floor.
I don't have my books, but I recall it being something like 3% additional factor.

BAHTAH

Estimating Factors

Estimating Factors

As I am sure you are aware there are many Job Factors that modify an estimate after the initial labor units have been applied. What I have used for multi-story buildings is:
For all work above the third floor, add 1% per floor. So you would add 1% for work on the 4th floor, 2% on the fifth, 3% on the sixth......
If you can pre-fab anything that is repeated on each floor then you can use 1/2 of the Job Factor for that portion of the work. Of course there is a reason they call it an
estimate! They can be as easy or as complicated as long as they work for your company. Not everyone works exactly the same so estimating becomes very company
specific once you have a steady, reliable work force. Good Luck.

kwired

Electron manager
Each floor is not necessarily identical so your base for a particular floor is possibly going to be different before even considering the fact you are several stories up.

Status
Not open for further replies.