Incase pipe in concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbizzelmd

I'm digging a trench for a 1 inch PVC pipe feeding a ground mount PV solar array. I have a section of it that only is 8 inches before I hit concrete that used to be an old footer for a structure. I'm wondering what's that minimum depth I can incase pipe?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I'm digging a trench for a 1 inch PVC pipe feeding a ground mount PV solar array. I have a section of it that only is 8 inches before I hit concrete that used to be an old footer for a structure. I'm wondering what's that minimum depth I can incase pipe?
The minimum would be under 4" of concrete extending not less than 6" to each side. The conduit itself need not be encased... but the concrete must extend to the entire distance the conduit does not meet other "not under the concrete slab" requirements.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager

Have you looked at Table 300.5? If this is an area with vehicular traffic you will have some problems, if no vehicular traffic you can go pretty shallow under some conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.