Walk In Oven

Status
Not open for further replies.

leep133

Hi,
New to the forum as a poster but I've found the information here invaluable. This is probably not an NEC issue but not sure if anyone has experience here. I have a client who has large commercial walk in ovens. The ovens are probably between 8'x8' - 10'x10'. They want to add lighting inside the oven. Does anyone know what code section is applicable if any, and any lights that would survive and not melt? From what I can tell I would need to wire said lights with TGGT/TCGT teflon insulated wiring. Any additional help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

mgookin

What's the max temp in the ovens?
Are there grease laden vapors or excessive moisture in the ovens?
Those are the questions which should be answered before attempting to spec a product.

leep133

What's the max temp in the ovens?
Are there grease laden vapors or excessive moisture in the ovens?
Those are the questions which should be answered before attempting to spec a product.

The max temp in the oven will be 400 deg Fahrenheit. With 250 deg Celsius wiring we would have over 25% margin.

As for grease laden vapors or excessive moisture, neither are present. The ovens are used to bake carbon fiber which is contained in a vacuum sealed bag.

leep133

Looks like my previous reply didnt post... if for some reason it does pop up then I apologize for the double post.

The oven is rated for a max temp of 400 deg Fahrenheit. Normal operating temp is 350 deg.

There is no excessive moisture or grease laden vapors. The oven is used to cure carbon fiber which is sealed in vacuum bags before being put in the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.