Gas station canopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricblue

Occupation
EC
I want to bid a remove and replace gas station canopy. I've never wired one. Once you get into the column from seal off to ex j box, how are the lights wired up top? Hard piped?

JES2727

I want to bid a remove and replace gas station canopy. I've never wired one. Once you get into the column from seal off to ex j box, how are the lights wired up top? Hard piped?
Every gas station canopy I've ever seen is wired with conduit along the structural steel and sealtite from conduit bodies or weatherproof boxes to each fixture. The fixture housings are weatherproof.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Fire Suppression

Fire Suppression

In New York state, every gas station canopy comes with a dry chemical suppression system perched on top. It's purpose is to suppress a vehicle fire in the pump area. I don't know if Florida has similar requirements. If so, make sure you have someone to take care of this for you.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Once you are beyond the seal and the classified location, you still need to pay attention to Section 514.7 and its cross reference to 511.7 for wiring above classified locations. (EMT won't do) Of course, you should still be paying attention to Art 514 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.