From structure roof top to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
And that's where I disagree (open conductor -vs- any high up feed to a building), and could certianly be wrong. I'm not an electrician, and can only read the code and guess what they meant. Someone probably taught you that this is what was meant, and that's required in many sectrions of the book. They just don't always spell things out clearly, as we've seen from numerous proposals to fix obviously poor language time and time again.

Guess I am not going to convince you. Most of the articles mentioned here do say "open conductors" or something to that effect, either in the article or in the title. Maybe one can read some of them to mean any service or feeder to a separate building, but I am fairly certain the intent is to mean the application of clearances mentioned to be for open conductors. If same conductors are safe within a raceway near grade level why would they become more of a hazard at elevated levels if still within the same raceway? When they emerge from that raceway is when the concern of being within reach from grade, from building openings, and so forth becomes an issue.

suemarkp

Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think its the possibility of bing struck (vehicle, person carrying something) or being an attractive nuisance (pull up bar...).

Status
Not open for further replies.