spa gfci

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
We wired a hot tub last week and needed a 60 amp GFCI vs the usual 50. Supplier did not have one so I went to the local chain store that has everything. No breaker but they did have the spa disconnect combo for a third less then I pay for the breaker alone. My normal supplier NOW tells me they sell the combo for $50 less than the breaker alone. :rant: ( He still didn't have the 60. )

I guess I need to look around for pricing once in a while.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
We wired a hot tub last week and needed a 60 amp GFCI vs the usual 50. Supplier did not have one so I went to the local chain store that has everything. No breaker but they did have the spa disconnect combo for a third less then I pay for the breaker alone. My normal supplier NOW tells me they sell the combo for $50 less than the breaker alone. :rant: ( He still didn't have the 60. )

I guess I need to look around for pricing once in a while.

Sometimes you have to check and things may not make sense. I Square D 2 pole 8501 contactor in a NEMA 1 enclosure is about $100 less than the SAME contactor open. A Caddy 512A is over $9, but a 512HDEEP which can usually be used instead is under $6. I have a dozen other examples, and this is why I advocate telling the supply house to put the cost of items on the slips. While some guys don't care, and some will use it against you, I think that more of your journeymen will occasionally see something like this and save money from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.