PERMITS FOR INDUSTRIES IN NJ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckman

Are there permits of any type required for electricians in industries doing electrical work ? This is for the worker who are employees doing electric work for there employer in private industry. Why are these companies exempt from inspections when doing electrical work ? Do the workers have to be a licensed electrician ? , some are maintenance workers who perform this work. Is there anything in the NEC ?.

mgookin

To address the licensing component of the question, unless specifically exempted, they will need a licensed contractor even if they are allowed an annual permit. I'm not in NJ so I can't answer your question, but I know in FL they have to have an EC. It can be an EC whose crew comes by as work is needed or it can be a full-time employee. All work has to be done under the control and supervision of that EC.

ritelec

Are there permits of any type required for electricians in industries doing electrical work ? This is for the worker who are employees doing electric work for there employer in private industry. Why are these companies exempt from inspections when doing electrical work ? Do the workers have to be a licensed electrician ? , some are maintenance workers who perform this work. Is there anything in the NEC ?.

A permit is required for everything............and therefore a license (except single family and you own and live in the house. and thats changing).

Work performed in industry......(as anyplace else)............require permits.....
if no-one knows your there doing anything............well.............they don't know you're there doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.