Range Hookup Using EMT as Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

euclid43

Not sure about this one since the original range receptacle device was a 3 prong. Can we use a 4 prong device if we jumper from the metal box/conduit to the receptacle and the path is conduited (EMT) back to the subpanel? I am seeing quite a bit of these setups lately. I always thought that you had to have a grounding conductor established especially since it's protected at the subpanel.

Lectricbota

Not sure about this one since the original range receptacle device was a 3 prong. Can we use a 4 prong device if we jumper from the metal box/conduit to the receptacle and the path is conduited (EMT) back to the subpanel? I am seeing quite a bit of these setups lately. I always thought that you had to have a grounding conductor established especially since it's protected at the subpanel.

If the raceway is continuous back to the subpanel you can use it as the EGC.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
One glance, late at night; seems ok to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.