Securing LFMC/LFNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
I want to secure LFMC and LFNC every 3 or 4 feet and within one foot of each box cabinate etc. Was asking what people like to use for a fastener?

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I use the same clips I use for PVC. If you want it tighter and don't care about looks you can use a zip-tie to secure it even more.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Is it ok to use most types of straps? one hole, minerallac hangers.

When a flexible wiring method is used for motion or vibration isolation you need to make sure that the supports will not slowly wear through the outer covering. So pipe straps or EMT clips would not be good ideas. :)

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
Ii dont have vibration on this,but I do need something with one hole. I see allot of minerallac hangers used, also one hole straps,for example from a disconnect down to a AC condenser

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
I have seen plastic one hole hangers, not sure if there made for electricians or plumbers,lol.Also they snap together,and have a tendency to unsnap at any moment.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
Im going to stay with the minerallac hangers,the clic hangers dont seem like they would stay together over a long period. I see minerallac hangers used alot for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.