1200A breaker adjustment while engerized

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Siemens web site is killing me here.:rant: I'm trying to find out if I can make adjustments to a 1200A HGN with a 555 trip unit while energized.

Sincerely
Burned out and irritated.

templdl

Siemens web site is killing me here.:rant: I'm trying to find out if I can make adjustments to a 1200A HGN with a 555 trip unit while energized.

Sincerely
This may not help you with you Siemens product by while as an breaker applications and sales engineer for 18 years changing the adjustments, such as long time, short time pick and delay, and instantaneous while the breaker was energized was not ever an issue.
You should be able to access the instructions on line from Siemens. I am aware that the caliber of customer support has been deterioration for quite a while.Finding someone who actually has product knowledge as most support staff rely on a question and answer data base.
It is my personal opinion that you would be able to make changes of the breaker settings while the breaker is energized. But that's just my opinion as bases upon the products that I supported.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer

Sincerely
It sure sounds to me like you would be interacting with the breaker, so appropriate PPE would be required, even if you do not need voltage protection.
(Unless the trip unit is quite remote.)

Status
Not open for further replies.