Licensing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBabineaux

I am working as an intern while pursuing my electrical engineering degree, and have been doing code research in every industry I've worked in so far. It's becoming clear to me that someone knowledgeable in the NEC would be a valuable asset to any company, and I would like to be that guy. My dad, who was an electrical contractor until he became hurt 10 years ago, has offered to be a silent partner if it would help me to get a contractor's license, but I'm not sure if that's the best route to take. I'm going to school in Louisiana and plan to move to Texas once I graduate. What kind of options do I have that would show future employers a working knowledge of the NEC?

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I am working as an intern while pursuing my electrical engineering degree, and have been doing code research in every industry I've worked in so far. It's becoming clear to me that someone knowledgeable in the NEC would be a valuable asset to any company, and I would like to be that guy. My dad, who was an electrical contractor until he became hurt 10 years ago, has offered to be a silent partner if it would help me to get a contractor's license, but I'm not sure if that's the best route to take. I'm going to school in Louisiana and plan to move to Texas once I graduate. What kind of options do I have that would show future employers a working knowledge of the NEC?
Once you get to Texas you should work for an electrical contractor an go the the required apprentice school required by the state of Texas , then take the journeymen electricians exam then take the Master electricians exam .

look here for more info...Good luck and Welcome to the forum..:thumbsup:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
If you are looking to be an EE then I would consider going that route. An independant EC is a much more difficuly career choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.