Legal to jumper conduit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfav8r

We have a remodel job where it makes sense to cut a piece of conduit and reconnect it with flex. It is 1-1/2 conduit. There problem is that adding the flex interrupts our ground. Pulling a ground would satisfy the code, but there are 3 LBs that are VERY difficult to get to and it would be about a 100' pull. What would be very easy to do is put a ground clamp on the EMT on either end of the flex and join it with a piece of #4 wire. I can't find anything in the code book that allows or disallows this. Any suggestions as to whether this is allowed and what the appropriate code section would be?

Thank you

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
We have a remodel job where it makes sense to cut a piece of conduit and reconnect it with flex. It is 1-1/2 conduit. There problem is that adding the flex interrupts our ground. Pulling a ground would satisfy the code, but there are 3 LBs that are VERY difficult to get to and it would be about a 100' pull. What would be very easy to do is put a ground clamp on the EMT on either end of the flex and join it with a piece of #4 wire. I can't find anything in the code book that allows or disallows this. Any suggestions as to whether this is allowed and what the appropriate code section would be?

Thank you

I would add a can then come out of the can with the flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.