Spa Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffen99

I have a customer of mine that calls about once every 2 years about her hot tub. I have replaced the breaker both times and that seems to remedy the problem for, like i said, about 2 years. Is this common? I' m starting to feel bad about it, although she doesn't seem to mind. The tub is outside and so is the breaker enclosure. I would expect these things to hold up longer, or am I expecting to much?

kwired

Electron manager
I have a customer of mine that calls about once every 2 years about her hot tub. I have replaced the breaker both times and that seems to remedy the problem for, like i said, about 2 years. Is this common? I' m starting to feel bad about it, although she doesn't seem to mind. The tub is outside and so is the breaker enclosure. I would expect these things to hold up longer, or am I expecting to much?
GFCI breaker?

I just recently replaced a GFCI breaker on a spa that I installed two or three years ago, nothing else wrong breaker just would not reset, maybe they have "fail timers" built into them:)

templdl

Yes, it is. That's funny, manufacturer is giving us job security.

Back in the day when I was a ssles and applications engineer I would give my buddy who was the manager in the warranty/quality returns dept a call asking him to test the breaker for me and send me a test report.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Back in the day when I was a ssles and applications engineer I would give my buddy who was the manager in the warranty/quality returns dept a call asking him to test the breaker for me and send me a test report.

Generally what were the results.

templdl

Generally what were the results.

That was around 15 years ago and I can't recall. The problem with these produces is that they are somewhat unexpensive and in so much considered as throw away items that aren't worth running a test on the. It is easier to buy a new one or replace it under warranty.
But I had the ability to ask for a favor just my curiosity. But if the product wasn't within the design spec the warranty manager would be able to address this issue with the engineers responsible for the product. But having the ability to perdue a cause of failure was certainly not the norm.

kwired

Electron manager

Do we dare make guesses as to what that misspelled word is supposed to be? Probably supposed to be "sales" but also looks like it could be "useless":lol:

Sorry, couldn't hold it back.;)

templdl

Do we dare make guesses as to what that misspelled word is supposed to be? Probably supposed to be "sales" but also looks like it could be "useless":lol:

Sorry, couldn't hold it back.;)
I love it. No need to appologize as it is a good thing th have checks and balances. This shouldn't be a place where sensitive people reside. Its a good thing to be able to pull one another's chain to keep the BS from getting to high.
I'm still fighting this NEXUS typing with a stylist on this sensitive keyboard. That's why I don't text on my phone and disabled the texting feature. I have one of those qwerty slde out keyboards on my phone which I never use.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
I love it. No need to appologize as it is a good thing th have checks and balances. This shouldn't be a place where sensitive people reside. Its a good thing to be able to pull one another's chain to keep the BS from getting to high.
I'm still fighting this NEXUS typing with a stylist on this sensitive keyboard. That's why I don't text on my phone and disabled the texting feature. I have one of those qwerty slde out keyboards on my phone which I never use.

Looks like you still need more practice:)

I swear I saw one more mistake but I think you edited it before I hit the reply button.

templdl

Looks like you still need more practice:)

I swear I saw one more mistake but I think you edited it before I hit the reply button.

It sure looks like it. What I'll have to do is to look at each and every word one at a time. It is obvious that I'm reading it and not even realizing the errors.

kwired

Electron manager
It sure looks like it. What I'll have to do is to look at each and every word one at a time. It is obvious that I'm reading it and not even realizing the errors.

It is one thing to see the errors on your own, but if you quote a post or create your own content the forum's editor does show you words it doesn't recognize similar to how MS word does, but I am using Windows XP and Google Chrome, maybe not all platforms work the same way. Not certain if I have ever tweaked any editing settings or not - or if there even is any such settings for this.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
What I'll have to do is to look at each and every word one at a time. It is obvious that I'm reading it and not even realizing the errors.
One trick to checking text; is to read the sentence from right to left (backwards).

I use the 'auto-spell check' on my smart phone, but I do not let it 'auto-correct'. I am still struggling with the 'auto-complete', it never seems to contain the words I actually want.

kwired

Electron manager
One trick to checking text; is to read the sentence from right to left (backwards).

I use the 'auto-spell check' on my smart phone, but I do not let it 'auto-correct'. I am still struggling with the 'auto-complete', it never seems to contain the words I actually want.

That is because they really wouldn't be your own words:)

George Carlin had a great one on "Tell us in your own words..."

He said something like I have been using the same words everyone else uses all along.... then proceeded with a bunch of gibberish that he called "his own words"

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer

If you keep using the same words and they are in the spell-check dictionary, thru should eventually start to show up in autocomplete.
Your experience will differ depending on the OS and the application.
If they are not in your dictionary, you will have to click "add to dictionary" instead of "ignore all" next time. That should enable them to appear in auto-complete.

templdl

It is one thing to see the errors on your own, but if you quote a post or create your own content the forum's editor does show 'you' words it doesn't recognize similar to how MS word does, but I am using Windows XP and Google Chrome, maybe not all platforms work the same way. Not certain if I have ever tweaked any editing settings or not - or if there even is any such settings for this.
Yes and I must review what I have written word for word.
I see that you skipped over 'you words' instead of 'your words.'
In my desk top I reverted back from Vista to XP. I have a 2quad w/3g of memory. The memory has gone to crap and its just limping along. My main drive is 640 which I'm adding a 128 SS HD and upgrading to windows 7 pro while installing up to 8gb of new memory using (4) 2gb sticks. I just hate reinstalling all of the applications on my computer. On then getting everything working again.

I do like my desk top but my NEXUS fits better in my hand.

Yes and I must review what I have written word for word.
I see that you skipped over 'you words' instead of 'your words.'
In my desk top I reverted back from Vista to XP. I have a 2quad w/3g of memory. The memory has gone to crap and its just limping along. My main drive is 640 which I'm adding a 128 SS HD and upgrading to windows 7 pro while installing up to 8gb of new memory using (4) 2gb sticks. I just hate reinstalling all of the applications on my computer. On then getting everything working again.

I do like my desk top but my NEXUS fits better in my hand.

Apple

kwired

Electron manager
I don't have a smartphone, don't think I would spend much time on a site such as this one (with the smartphone) if I had one. This is partly because I absolutely hate small keyboards. I have a larger notebook computer as my main computer in the office, but do have a smaller "netbook" I take with me most of the time. The keyboard on it is a lot bigger than on a phone, but is small enough that I really do not like to use the thing all that much as it is just too small for me. I can type (is that even proper terminology since the typewriter is nearly extinct?) at a pretty reasonable rate with fair accuracy on my larger notebook, but not on that smaller netbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.