Distance between cables entry of panel PVC enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
They need to be far enough apart to put the locknuts on.
Put them too close together and you will make Swiss cheese of the PVC with possible mechanical consequences, but, as said, the NEC does not address that....
Unless of course the manufacturer puts such a limit in their installation instructions. :)

Cloud

related question:

Is it allowed to combine entry and exit conductors on one cable tray? I cannot find a code regarding this one.
Thanks.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
related question:

Is it allowed to combine entry and exit conductors on one cable tray? I cannot find a code regarding this one.
Thanks.
Not sure what you mean by the designations entry and exit. Are you referring to the feeder to a panel and the branch circuits leaving it?
The only thing I can think of that applies is that you cannot put service and non-service conductors in the same raceway. I think that would apply to an open cable tray too.

Cloud

Not sure what you mean by the designations entry and exit. Are you referring to the feeder to a panel and the branch circuits leaving it?
The only thing I can think of that applies is that you cannot put service and non-service conductors in the same raceway. I think that would apply to an open cable tray too.

yes. but is there any code for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.